Sunday, March 30, 2008
Sunday, March 16, 2008
It is knitted in stripes of two colours.
When looking down on it, it appears just like a stripey fabric, but when looking from an angle it reveals its secret:
A hidden image, created by ridges in stocking stitch!
So it was time to try it for myself! Here is the stripey cloth:
And here is the hidden image:
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Rummaging through the local charity shops is one of my favourite things to do when I have spare time.
I found several great knitting patterns from the 50's, 60's and 70's.
Here are some 'sleeping socks' I made.
Rather than making a heel, the shape of the sock is created by using shorter rows in the front - thereby keeping the top of the sock shorter than the rest.
The socks are actually very comfy to wear.
They can be found in my etsy shop.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Friday, March 7, 2008
One from Moocow, who makes wonderful knitted items (including knitted shreddies): http://moocowhandknits.blogspot.com/
The other from Kooky, who makes great felted creatures: http://koolkookykreatures.typepad.com/
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
...so here we go!
1. I once 'stole' a bicycle in a desperate attempt to get its owner out of the telephone box. After waiting patiently to make my call for what seemed like ages, I took his bike, which he had leant against the wall and cycled around the block. By the time he had finished his call and run after me, I was in the phone box, and his bike was leaning against the same spot on the wall ...
2. I love to make my own wine. I'm probably the only one who can drink the stuff, but I do it anyway. With pride!
3. I'm a Christian of the born-again type, attending a very happy-clappy church, and being known to listen to loud worship music whilst driving in my car.
4. I have a secret passion for statistics!
5. I used to collect frog ornaments.
6. A couple of years ago I decided to combine my attempts to keep the snails out of my vegetable garden with my generally frugal nature ... by collecting the snails and eating them. Given the dark and damp spaces in our Victorian walled garden, a never-ending supply of free protein was guaranteed. Unfortunately the experiment failed, and I never made it as a snail gourmet ...
7. I am determined to go grey gracefully and without the aid of hair colouring!
It seems to be getting harder finding people that haven't been tagged already:
Hope you guys don't mind. If you do, please just ignore me! :o)
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Saturday, March 1, 2008
I have just received an order for a crocheted floppy summer hat, made from DK cotton yarn.
What a fine opportunity to get out my colours and arrange them in the right order. The top of the hat will start with the cream, then work its way down to yellow, green, blue, purple, pink and red ...
I love to look at and feel yarn. Makes me wish I had my own wool shop!!