Saturday, February 23, 2008

First run this year ...

Well, not so much a run, but a gentle jog ...

I have not run since November last year, and today it suddenly took my fancy to go out there.


I had forgotten how much I enjoy just getting out of the house, forgetting the daily grind and just get running!


Time to look, time to think, time to be with myself.

Not wanting to push myself too much, I alternated between running for 4 minutes and walking for one. That seemed to work out fine. I lasted for 45 minutes (although I was dragging my feet for the last 5 or 10 minutes), and I covered 6K.


Not bad for a first attempt ... although my legs are aching now, despite stretching.

My run took me along the river Great Ouse, one of my favourite places.
Hopefully I'll get my running shoes on again soon ...!

1 comment:

madhat said...

Running update 14.3.08 - 8K in 55 minutes